Galgorm sponsors Best Dressed at Down Royal Festival of Racing
Rebecca McKinney, fashion stylist and competition judge, alongside the Jamie Sloan-trained Folio.
The Down Royal Festival of Racing, a highlight of the year for racing aficionados, socialites and fashionistas, will be held on November 1-2.
With the Ladbrokes Grade 1 Champion Chase the highlight of the race card, it is no less competitive away from the race track with the Best Dressed Lady Competition taking place on Saturday, November 2, when frocks, fascinators, heels and hats will be the order of the day.
This year, the principal sponsor has been confirmed as luxury hotel Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort.
The Best Dressed Lady Competition is open to all female racegoers, with the winner taking home an amazing prize package worth £3,250 to include an overnight stay with private dining, cocktail masterclass and spa treatments – the perfect girls’ escape. Prize details include:
- Luxurious Private Accommodation – enjoy an overnight stay in the Resort’s hidden gem, the Red Oaks Residence (for up to six guests). Located a stone’s through (should read throw) from the Hotel, Red Oaks provides the perfect escape offering privacy and comfort with its own delightful gardens and outdoor hot tub area.
- Private Cocktail Masterclass – perfect your four favourite cocktails with a personal bartender
- Private Dining – enjoy a three-course gourmet evening meal in Red Oaks prepared by a personal chef
- Thermal Spa Village Access – enjoy an array of heated and cool spa experiences as you take in the idyllic views of Irelands largest Thermal Spa Village
- Spa Treatments – enjoy either the Galgorm Massage or Personalised Spa Facial in the comfort of Red Oaks.
The other finalists will each receive a luxury goodie bag. Judges for the prestigious competition include Cool FM Breakfast Show Presenter and Fashion Stylist, Rebecca McKinney.
“We are thrilled to be sponsoring the Best Dressed Lady Competition at Down Royal’s Festival of Racing – one of the most hotly anticipated events this autumn for all those stylish race going ladies,” said Beth Greenan, Group sales manager at Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort. “We look forward to seeing the style on the day and would encourage everyone to enter for a chance to win some fabulous prizes from Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort.”
Claire Rutherford, sales & marketing director at Down Royal Racecourse, said: “The Festival of Racing is one of the highlights of our racing calendar and promises to be a superb day out for all. The spectacle of Ladies Day is certain to provide an extra element of colour to an already prestigious day of horse racing.”