Queen’s University Belfast
Accommodation, Student Plus
Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
Queen’s Accommodation currently houses over 2,300 students and staff in the Elms Village, Malone Road and Queen’s Houses and apartments close to the main campus. Queen’s University Belfast is opening two new City Centre Student Accommodation developments in September 2018 that will become home to over 1,200 new students studying at the University for 2018-19.
This is an exciting new chapter for the University and will enable us to provide high quality, secure safe and affordable accommodation to over 3,400 Queen’s students. Queen’s is delighted to be able to bring new job opportunities to the local market as part of this investment and ensure that we continue to attract the brightest students to study at Queen’s and live in Belfast.
We are seeking a number of Operations Managers who will be responsible for assisting in the provision and delivery of effective facilities services to Queen’s Accommodation. They will manage teams and be responsible for delivering an excellent customer focused experience in the University’s Accommodation portfolio with pre-agreed standards and procedures to ensure budgetary targets are achieved whilst providing a quality customer focused service. They will also assist with the management and delivery of a Residential Life Social and Pastoral Programme to ensure that all students fully engage, alongside agreed participation targets.
It is essential that the successful candidates are customer focused individuals with an outgoing personality and positive attitude and can deliver a high level of professionalism as they represent our business in this key area. Applicants should possess a positive “can-do” attitude, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for providing excellent customer care.
The successful candidate must:
- Have relevant academic/vocational qualifications (e.g. A-Levels, NVQ 3 or equivalent) with four years’ relevant experience in a similar Facilities/Accommodation e.g. hotel, conference, further or higher education establishment.
- Have more than five years’ relevant experience, acquired through a combination of job related vocational training and on-the-job experience, in an accommodation environment involving large numbers of customers and leading a team of staff (maximum 30 people).
- Have experience in and evidence of successful management of resources and budgetary control.
- Have experience and evidence of customer expectations and problem solving including providing solutions to customer feedback.
- Have a valid clean driving licence.
Full criteria can be found online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March 2018
Salary scale: £27,285 – £31,604 per annum (potential to progress to £34,520 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Friday 9 February 2018
Apply online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on [email protected]
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and people from the protestant community are currently under-represented in this particular category of work, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.